|Monday 10th July 2017|
Top 5 Favourite Horses to Win the July Cup
The prestigious July Festival in only a few days away and we bring you the best odds available so you can start analyzing your betting options. One of the top gambling sites, NetBet, gives out the best payments so we decided to review the numbers they have on the top five horses.
5. - Tasleet (odds 9.50) is a four year old Bay Colt that is trained by William Haggas and owned by Sheikh Hamdan Al Maktoum. This horse has participated in eleven races with a win rate of 45.45%, with five first place prizes and four second place finishes to his name. Tasleet won four races with Paul Hanagan as its jockey, but nowadays Jim Crowley is the rider with first and second places finishes in their races together.
4. - Harry Angel (odds 7.00) is a three year Bay Colt that is trained by Clive Cox and owned by Godolphin. The win rate of this specimen is 40%, having won two of five events it’s raced in, the other three resulted in second place finishes. Since its first run Adam Kirby has been the jockey and the duo are expecting to take revenge against Carvaggio, who defeated them in the Commonwealth Cup in June.
3. - Limato (odds 6.50) is a five year old Bay Gelding that is trained by Henry Candy and owned by Mr. Paul G. Jacobs. There is a reason Limato is in the top three, with a win rate of 58.33 it’s pretty clear why. Limato has a total of seven wins, three second place finishes and one third place finish. As an already veteran horse Limato has had several jockeys, Ryan Moore was back at the helm in the last race after a brief one time paring in 2015.
2. - The Tin Man (odds 6.50) is a five year old Bay Gelding that is trained by James Fanshawe and owned by Fred Archer Racing – Ormonde. With Tom Queally as its jockey, The Tin Man has won seven of their twelve races together, with only one second place finish. Those numbers add up to 53.85% win rate. The Tin Man won the Diamond Jubilee Stakes a couple of weeks ago, we’ll see if he can take a second race in a row.
1. - Caravaggio (odds 2.10) is a three year old Grey Colt that is trained by Aidan O’Brien and owned by Mr. John Magnier, Mr. Tabor and Mr. Smith. This American horse is the clear-cut favorite to win the July Cup because he’s been unstoppable. Caravaggio has won the six races he has participated in, the last two with Ryan Moore as the jockey. Can this young future stud keep the hot streak alive? We’ll find out in soon enough.