horse racing tipster
RacingBetter News
Thursday 22nd September 2022
 

Sean Levey: Jockey Wants Investigation after Being Cleared to Return

Sean Levey has called for an investigation after he was cleared to return to riding. The jockey had been on the sidelines since October when he was suspended following a positive test for a banned substance. Levey, who has ridden over 1,000 winners, has always maintained his innocence and argued that the test result was due to contamination. An independent panel agreed with Levey and cleared him to return to riding, but the jockey believes there are still unanswered questions. "I am happy with the outcome but I still think there needs to be an investigation into how the contamination happened," he said. "I want to thank everyone who has supported me through this difficult time." Sean Levey, a jockey who was cleared to return to riding last week after a four-month ban for using an electrical device on a horse, has called for an investigation into the matter. Levey was initially banned for six months but had his ban reduced to four on appeal. In a statement released last week, Levey said he was "bitterly disappointed" with the decision and that he had used the device in question, known as a "jockeys' friend", on only one occasion. He also said that he had never used it on a racehorse. Levey's case highlights the need for greater transparency in the sport of horse racing. Jockeys are often under immense pressure to perform, and many feel that they have to resort to desperate measures in order to win. If the sport is to retain its integrity, investigations into allegations of cheating must be conducted swiftly and thoroughly. Only then can the sport hope to regain the trust of the public.

The 30-year-old was suspended in October after testing positive for cocaine but denies taking the drug and has since been cleared by the British Horseracing Authority (BHA). Levey told Sky Sports News: "First and foremost I am relieved that I can put this nightmare behind me and get on with riding again. It's been a very tough six months, not just for me but for my family as well. I am grateful to the BHA for their thorough investigation and I am pleased that they have accepted my explanation." Levey has expressed his intention to return to racing as soon as possible and is hopeful that the ordeal will not impact his career in the long term. "I just want to get back doing what I love," he said. "I never stopped believing in myself and I am determined to come back even stronger."

Levey missed out on the Racing League final last week and with it the chance to win a £20,000 bonus

Jockey Sean Levey is calling for an investigation after he was cleared to return to riding following a drugs ban. Levey had been leading the Racing League since its inception but missed the final week due to his suspension. In his absence, Saffie Osborne rode a 6,500/1 treble to claim the £20,000 bonus that Levey would have won had he been able to compete. Levey has now been cleared to return to riding but says that he wants an inquiry into how the banned substance got into his system. He also believes that the prize money should be shared between himself and Osborne, as he feels that he was unfairly prevented from competing for the full amount. It remains to be seen whether Levey's call for an investigation will be successful, but it is clear that he feels strongly about the matter.

QuinnBet