Pink Team Praying for Royal Ascot Rain
Newmarket trainer Chris Wall would welcome a break in the current dry weather to enable Intense Pink to run at Royal Ascot.
"I need some rain for her. I know everyone has been praying for sunshine but I'm not in that camp at the moment for her," said Wall.
"She's very well and we are just going to see how it goes. She has got engagements at Ascot but if it is fast ground she won't be going there.
"She will be well entered up and we will see where we might go with her next, but rain is all important for her.
"I would say the fillies' race (Duke of Cambridge Stakes) would be more likely for her, but we will have to see what the ground might be."
Lambourn trainer Stan Moore has a strong batch of two-year-olds this year and is already looking forward to a small handful of the talent going to Royal Ascot.
"I've got about 40 two-year-olds this year and they're coming on in batches. Tableforten will go for the Windsor Castle and Kidmenot will go for the Albany. I've a got a horse by Kitten's Joy, who I've had trouble naming, that could still go for the Chesham." Moore said.
The seven-year-old struggled in the quick conditions when tailed off in the Newbury Group One over a mile last month.
"Cityscape sadly will not be running in the Queen Anne Stakes as he was slightly jarred up after the Lockinge and we will wait a little longer with him," the Beckhampton trainer told www.rogercharlton.com.
The absence of Cityscape has resulted in Dubai World Cup winner Animal Kingdom hardening as favourite for the race.
The 2011 Kentucky Derby winner has been shortening all week on the back of bullish workout reports and doubts surrounding his main competitors.
"Mince has come out of Monday's Leisure Stakes with no apparent problems and she was fresh cantering this morning. Subsequent blood and endoscope results have all been good," said Charlton.
"Although our initial reaction was to bypass Royal Ascot at this stage we are keeping all her options open with the King's Stand Stakes on the first day being a possibility."
James Fanshawe is likely to make a late call on whether Deacon Blues will be ready in time for the Diamond Jubilee Stakes.
"He's been galloping, but whether we get to Ascot I'm not sure at the moment. It will be fairly close to the date before we make a final decision on him," Fanshawe said.
"It's just a case of if he's ready to go. We've still got 14 days and he's one that needs cut in the ground."
Deacon Blues also holds an entry in the Darley July Cup at Newmarket.
"He's in good form and has come out of York in good shape. He looks really well. He's on schedule for the Diamond Jubilee," said the trainer.
Fanshawe is praying for rain for his Gold Cup possible High Jinx, who shaped well on his seasonal debut when fourth to Gloomy Sunday in the Henry II Stakes at Sandown on May 30.
"He's fine after his race at Sandown. We'll just play it by ear. He wouldn't go (to Ascot) if the ground was very firm," he said.
"We don't know what it's going to be like. We are still two weeks away. I just hope we get some rain in the meantime."
|home | associations | bloodstock agents | bookmakers | links | information | jockeys | portals | racecourses | race horse trainers | sales | studs | syndicates | submit site|
|© racingbetter.co.uk • 91 Tribune Drive • Carlisle • CA3 0LE|